Thursday, November 6, 2014

Lars Schall Interviews former NSA Technical Director for Intelligence William Binney

Anyway, it was quite lengthy and very thorough, and my whole point was to try to get across to [the Bundestag] that what NSA and the intelligence community in the Five Eyes at least and probably in some of the other countries, I don’t know exactly which ones and I’ve made this clear, but I think they’re not doing alone, and it’s the idea of collecting massive amounts of data is just like the STASI – except this time I kind of tried to get across to them that it’s like the STASI on super steroids. As Wolfgang Schmidt, the former lieutenant colonel of East German STASI, commented about NSA’s surveillance program: For us, this would have been a dream come true. Well, that’s the whole point of it, it’s so invasive, it’s digital surveillance on a massive scale, and I tried to get that across to them. Because this is basically a fundamental threat to our democracy and every democracy around the world, you know I call it over here in the United States the greatest threat to our democracy since our Civil War.
nsnbc international
Lars Schall Interviews former NSA Technical Director for Intelligence William Binney
Lars Schall


No comments: